Friday, November 1, 2019

Assignment #5 - Rotoscope




...is it done? Is it actually done? Oh... oh my goodness, it's really finished!

After spending upwards of a month on this ambitious rotoscoping project, I don't have as much energy in me to write an impressively long blog post, so I'll keep this relatively brief; I would ultimately challenge the notion that this is my favorite project of the semester, but I would be lying if I said that the catharsis I experienced upon finishing was nothing short of divine. I attribute my frustrations with this project primarily due to the tedium of animating the rotoscope on two different passes, which has taken a severe toll on my shoulder and wrist. O course, this is also the project that introduces me to the wonderful drawing tablet that is so much easier to use than a trackpad and makes me want to draw more for fun...

On the positive side, however, I did enjoy the more traditional process of working up a background for the animation, and the video editing process in iMovie was gratifying if only because of how short it was. As for making music in GarageBand... well, I've said in class that I'm no musician, but I would be lying if I said I wasn't incredibly interested in learning how to compose more. While I did find GarageBand's loop system a bit limiting in terms of my scope and vision for the soundtrack, I am relatively proud of the track I was able to make given said constraints.

Considering that this used to be the final project but was moved up from its usual position, I'm hoping that the remaining projects will be a bit less intensive than this one, but perhaps none of them will be as satisfying to witness in completion than this one...?

No comments:

Post a Comment